RE: Oracle 10g

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:57:17 +0100

I didn't play with parallel execution in 10g yet, so I have to ask for some consideration here :-) but I guess anything *not* revealed by the // execution plan is implemented using IPC between the QC/consumer/producer processes ...

additions/corrections most welcome,

Lex.

Jonathan Lewis Seminar http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html

So how does each slave determine the part of the data or the sub-function that it needs handle?