Re: hanged on import on undo segment

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:11:14 -0400

Thanks to everyone, now I am less stupid than yesterday :)

I changed open_links = 10 and COMPILE=N, and the process run OK. It seem to be too few open_links and instead of giving an error, it simply hanged.

On 11/23/05, Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Since it's a system that I can't take a look at,
> I am not keen about giving advice like killing
> processes - but from the session_wait we've
> got, it looks like the import will never get a
> message to continue. In your position, I think
> I'd kill it, clean up, and start again.
>

> Regards
>
> Jonathan Lewis

> The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ
>
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/cbo_book/ind_book.html
> Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals
>
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
> Public Appearances - schedule updated 4th Nov 2005

Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i