CPU time

From: Magni Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Magni_at_rasnet.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:45:38 +0100

Probably this is commonplace but I'm still puzzled of the "CPU time" I'm reading in the reports generated by the ADDM.

I'm reading the documentation under:

$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spdoc.txt

"CPU time" in the timed event doesn't match the sum of "CPU time" associated with my sql statement.

I'm aware of the problem of the long running sessions... But the starting and ending snapshots were taken when nothing was running.

Just another question. When looking at the SQL shouldn't Elapsed Time be a multiple of CPU time (on the number of the server CPUs)?

Thanks
Fabrizio