Re: hanged on import on undo segment

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:13:47 -0000

What is the actual wait event that you are waiting on ? Bear in mind that in 9i, the row_wait_file#,row_wait_block# may be left over from the last block-related wait (such as a buffer busy wait, write complete wait etc) and have nothing to do with the current wait event.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/cbo_book/ind_book.html Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html Public Appearances - schedule updated 4th Nov 2005

Hi, please
What can I do to solve this situation.
I get an import hanged on an undo segment. Thank you
SQL> select row_wait_file#,row_wait_block# from v$session where not row_wait_block#=0;
ROW_WAIT_FILE# ROW_WAIT_BLOCK#
-------------- ---------------

             2 137
SQL> SELECT SEGMENT_TYPE "Tipo", SEGMENT_NAME "Segmento",   2 (SELECT D.NAME FROM V$DATAFILE D WHERE D.FILE#= FILE_ID) "DataFile", BLOCK_
ID "Bloque", FILE_ID "Datafile No."
  3 FROM DBA_EXTENTS
  4 WHERE FILE_ID=2
  5 AND 137 BETWEEN BLOCK_ID AND BLOCK_ID+BLOCKS;

Tipo               Segmento
TYPE2 UNDO         _SYSSMU8$

--

Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 23 2005 - 13:16:24 CST