Re: linux DBA's: O_Direct

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:51:38 -0700

Whoops. My error, it would seem. It seems to me that buffermem lingers in the GUI widget (redhat-config-something-or-other) used to configure sysctl.conf on RHEL, but I guess that doesn't mean a blessed thing... This does explain why the documentation is so lacking, though. :-)

So, is there a replacement for this parameter?

In the meantime, I had better have a look at my servers, and make sure my memory allocation really is as I think it is...

Cheers,
-- Mark.