Re: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:44:22 -0700

Disable spanning tree? Not a bad idea, but how about getting rid of routing altogether?

Now, I don't personally use RAC, and haven't used OPS in many years. But my gut instinct tells me to build the networks thus:

My goal would be to keep things as simple and "foolproof" as possible -- in my (perhaps misguided) view, this includes ensuring that only RAC traffic ever traverses (or *can* traverse) the interconnect network(s). I suppose you might have to bend these rules to monitor performance on the switches, unless your switches allow this to be done out-of-band.

Perhaps the RAC gurus out there will be kind enough to tell me whether I'm completely off-base here... (Actually, I have little doubt they will. ;-) )

Cheers,
-- Mark.