Re: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:47:00 -0600

Henry,
I can't answer much to what flakiness you are observing, but you are correct in your assumption about direct connect. You need the crossover cable so that tx goes to rcv and vise-verse. You'll get a network cable unplugged error if you try to direct connect two servers with a straight pass through cable.

Rodd

--
Rodd Holman
Enterprise Data Systems Engineer