Creating index problems

From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:49:28 -0700

Hi... we are having issues trying to create indexes from a remote location. we have access to the console and are running the create index on the server, but it takes 40+ minutes to create. BTW... this table is 1Tb. however, when performing the same operation at another location, same configuration as before, the index only takes 10min. what am i missing? both of these servers are SAN attached. the indexes are being created on the SAN.

--

Bryan S Wells (Perpetually Stumped)
Database Administrator

--