Problem with Patchset 9.2.0.7 on AIX-5L

From: Stephen T Murphy <SMurphy_at_uamail.albany.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:28:08 -0500

We recently upgraded our server running AIX 5.2 and Oracle 9iR2 EE from 9.2.0.6 to 9.2.0.7

So far, no problems have been found on the database server side BUT as a result of this upgrade, the Oracle HTTP server which ships with the database will no longer start and that puts modplsql and more importantly for us, HTML-DB out of commission. We have opened a Tar and have been working with Oracle but with no progress. I have replicated the error on other boxes, and it is definitely caused by applying 9.2.0.7.

The error messages we are receiving all deal with the inability to load modplsql.so and and the symbols pw_post, pw_wait, pw_config and others not being exported. It is my understanding that all of this PW stuff was used in AIX-4 and is not needed in AIX-5L, al least up to and including 9.2.0.6, and we do not have any of them on our system.

Has anyone seen this problem?

If you use modplsql, be careful.

--

----*

  Stephen T. Murphy
  Manager, Database and Technical Support   ITS - University Applications Development   MSC-100
  The University at Albany, S.U.N.Y.
  Albany,  New York    12222
  Phone: (518) 437-4523     Fax: (518) 437-4540
  MailTo: SMurphy_at_UAMail.Albany.EDU <mailto: SMurphy_at_UAMail.Albany.EDU> AIM: SMurphy199

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 09:30:12 CST