RE: ORA 27102 + oracle 10g + solaris8

From: Jim Silverman <jsilverman_at_Solucient.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:32:34 -0500

Well, one thing I noticed is that a few of your kernel parameters are not correct. Specifically:

		set semsys:seminfo_shmmax=4294967295
		set semsys:seminfo_shmmin=1
		set semsys:seminfo_shmseg=50
		set semsys:seminfo_shmmni=200

should really be:

		set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
		set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
		set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=50
		set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200

That is, these are shared memory (shm*) parameters, not semaphore (sem*) parameters.

Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC
Telephone: 734-669-7641
FAX:            734-930-7611
E-Mail:         jsilverman_at_solucient.com