SELECT INTO new_table

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:36:15 -0000

Oracle´s substitute for MS SQL Server temp table is a reference cursor and/or collection types. SQL Server temp table is a memory structure, just like Oracle collection types. You just have to pray that your db drivers (ODBC, JDBC, .net, whatever) support those rather exotic constructs (I mean - really support, not just they are saying they are supporting).

BTW: "Oracle is VERY static database, we are developing total DYNAMIC application" - keep in mind that database is a data*BASE*! Basement is never dynamic! Application(i.e. functionality) - yes, it is dynamic. You can use the same building for many(not all!) purposes. This is one of the rather rare occasions when architectural analogy is really suitable for information technology. Do not mix Oracle support for putting code(stored procedures) into the database with the database itself!

Brgds, Laimis