Re: BLOCK CHANGE TRACKING and direct loading

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:41:33 -0800 (PST)

  Hi Amihay,

  I believe you shud be applying a patch for unpublished bug 4200702   else you would get an ORA-19694 when using direct load with block change tracking enabled.

  Regards,
  Fairlie

Amihay Gonen <AmihayG_at_ectel.com> wrote:

    Hi , I'm considerting using BLOCK CHANGE TRACKING feature in rman to reduce backup time and overhead.

  I wander if anyone has experience with the feature.

  1. does direct logging is logged in BLOCK CHANGE TRACK ?
  2. does drop partition operation , clear the block change tracking file ?
  3. What is the overhead of using such feature ?

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
Optus Telecommunications
www.optus.com.au
Mobile: +61 4 02 792 405
Home: +61 2 8920 0273

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 23:43:35 CST