Reconfigure OCFS 1.0.14

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:54:19 -0600

I hope somebody can help with this one, but I wasted a whole day trying to figure it out. I installed ocfs 1.0.14 on RHEL3.

I was ready to install the CRS for RAC 10g r2 and found out the hostname had to be changed for our standards.

I changed it and rebooted the server. I started ocfstool and saw that the "configured nodes" were still the old server names. I renamed the ocfs.conf file, rebooted and started ocfstool and it still showed the old hostname. I generated new keys thinking that would help, but now I have 4 configured nodes (old and new hostnames for each ip address).

How does ocfs determine what nodes are configured and how do I remove nodes? Will if fix it, If I uninstall ocfs packages and reinstall them? I'm not sure I need to worry about it, but I didn't want to get deeper in the config and have it cause problems. The most frustrating part is the documentation doesn't mention it. I looked in var/log/messages and tried google and metalink, but came up empty.

thanks,
Steve