BLOCK CHANGE TRACKING and direct loading

From: Amihay Gonen <AmihayG_at_ectel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:13:40 +0200

Hi , I'm considerting using BLOCK CHANGE TRACKING feature in rman to reduce backup time and overhead.

I wander if anyone has experience with the feature.

  1. does direct logging is logged in BLOCK CHANGE TRACK ?
  2. does drop partition operation , clear the block change tracking file ?
  3. What is the overhead of using such feature ?