RE: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:06:55 -0500

Just reading these now...no mention of SwingBench? I have seen it at a client but not used it myself...looks very good. Seems to be rather unknown? Try google. Old post below.
hth

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Daiminger, Helmut Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 9:57 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

Hi!

We need to test the maximum I/O throughput of our SAN storage system and therefore need an Oracle database to generate so much load that there is an I/O bottleneck. Does anybody out there have open source tools or Oracle scripts for that?

This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i and EMC Clariion.

Thanks,
Helmut