Re: schema recovery

From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:45:55 +0530

Thanx a lot everyone. Now I have got so many clues and ans for this question. However as I had said it was a question asked from me in an interview few days ago where i had said if the datafile is corrupted then I don think we can get back even the objects irrespective we want data or not. But then also I thought better to confirm this so that next time I must be ready with full arms.
 Once a lot once again all of you.

 On 11/21/05, Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> You can open the database as sysdba. You can recover the objects from
> the data dictionary via a variety of means. Drop the tablespace,
> including contents (after you do this the objects will be removed
> fromthe data dictionary so don't do this until you've recovered the
> objects --- using in the form of scripts). Delete the datafile via
> the OS. Create a new tablespace with the same name. Run the scripts.
> You won't save any data but you should be able to recreate the
> schema.
>
> Then shutdown the instance and make a cold backup.

Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath
OneAPPS Enterprise Technology Pvt. Ltd.
to_onkar_at_yahoo.com