Re: Off topic: Active/passive failover cluster on Linux

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:55:34 -0800

Bryan Thomas wrote:

> Here is a white paper I wrote on the subject.
>
> http://www.perftuning.com/pdf/white_paper_linux_cluster.pdf

[...]

>>Redhat has a clustering package.  I have set it up for a failover Oracle
>>cluster.

> We're planning to use this combination on production systems.
> Can someone share your experience/opinion on this?

[...]

Some mature shell scripts for integrating the database and listener into an active/passive cluster can be found at:

http://www.unixlabplus.com/unix-prog/rc.oracle/rc.oracle.pdf http://www.unixlabplus.com/unix-prog/rc.oracle/rc.listener.pdf

The are identified as Solaris/VCS compatible but in fact should work on most Unix-flavored platforms, including RH clustering.

I suggest the listener be set up as a separate cluster service from the database in all cases.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com