RE: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:15:27 -0500

It's available on the OakTable site, http://www.oaktable.net/

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Barbara Baker Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 3:59 PM
To: HELMUT.DAIMINGER_at_wwk.de
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

Helmut:
You might look for James Morle's "Brewing Benchmarks". I'm not sure where I found it, but I'd guess from MiracleAS Barb

On 11/18/05, Daiminger, Helmut <HELMUT.DAIMINGER_at_wwk.de> wrote:

        Hi!

        We need to test the maximum I/O throughput of our SAN storage system and therefore need an Oracle database to generate so much load that there is an I/O bottleneck. Does anybody out there have open source tools or Oracle scripts for that?

        This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i and EMC Clariion.

	Thanks,
	Helmut

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 16:20:12 CST