Re: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:08:27 +0100

Just to add a bit of "untheoretical" info - we have quite often observed situation when cache is saturated (i.e. percent of dirty blocks is higher than certain threshold). In this situation the box starts delivering very poor service (if any) until it flushes enough to disk.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev