RE: Simple SQL waiting on 'log file sync'

From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:17:10 -0800 (PST)

I am in the process of debugging an application that uses a PL/SQL procedure that ha sa statement similar to this. In my testing, I do have a step to commit, but that is 'after' this insert..select statement. What I am noticing is that if I run a trace, there are 'log file sync' messages.

Step1:
insert.. select statement <<- generated trace has the log file sync message

Step 2:
commit <<- I'm not even there yet

Thanks,
Deepak