RE: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:25:32 -0800

        We need to test the maximum I/O throughput of our SAN storage system and therefore need an Oracle database to generate so much load that there is an I/O bottleneck. Does anybody out there have open source tools or Oracle scripts for that?

        This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i and EMC Clariion.

...use Orion
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/orion/index.html) and make sure the files are larger than the array cache. I go over array head
testing a bit in this paper
http://www.polyserve.com/pdf/VMDB_Summary_WP.pdf