RE: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:47:45 -0800 (PST)

> I tried testing ORION on my PC a while back and
> couldn't get it to work. I was just putting in
> "c:","c:\", or "c:\temp" in the mytest.lun file, but
> none of them would work. In the documentation they
> only show examples of Unix volumes, e.g.
> /dev/raw/raw1, so I'm not sure how to make it work
> on Windows. If anyone gets it to work, please let
> me know how.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

A quick cursory look, looks like this stuff is based on the free benchmarking tests such bonnie++ and iozone or at least does something similar.

I know that these (iozone/bonnie++) work both on Windows and unix (HP-UX) since I played with them a while back. The test are pretty extensive and the full suite of tests can take a couple hours.

--
mohammed

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs