RE: RAC de-clustering

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:39:42 -0500

On my 10.1.0.4 on RedHat AS3 I have init.crs, not init.cssd in my rc directories. 'init.crs start' called from an rc directory calls 'init.cssd autostart'. This then checks if the AUTOSTART (/etc/oracle/scls_scr/$HOST/root/crsstart) file is set to "disable" If it is, then the RUNFILE (/etc/oracle/scls_scr/$HOST/root/cssrun) is set to 'norun' and then daemons won't respawn or automatically start on reboot. The supported way to do this is via init.crs disable, but I suppose you could also just edit the file(s) and change the one word entry.

Henry