Re: looks like some web developers are getting back into 4GL environment...

From: Ryan <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 06:48:07 -0500

The development style is remarkably similiar to oracle forms. It really is worth looking into. Its still new, but it has alot of potential.

  On 11/18/05, amwilson_at_iinet.net.au <amwilson_at_iinet.net.au> wrote:     I suspect many on this list may have a problem with some of the attitudes     surrounding this particular methodology.

  Including me, certainly the soundbites around it suggest someone inventing something new before understanding something old.

  I did like the quote from the article though (emphasis mine)

  "His software, Ruby on Rails, only out for a little more than a year, has started a buzz among the legions of developers and high-level executives that track the trend-driven world of software development. "   To be fair though, the software seems deliberately aimed at the small scale, non mission critical web environments that litter the place today, I nearly said the LAMP market, but there is an ASP equivalent in the windows world.

  --
  Niall Litchfield
  Oracle DBA