Re: RAC de-clustering

From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:43:01 +0000 (GMT)

  Thanks to all those who replied, maybe i was not clear in my original email.

  Basically all i want to be able to do is stop the CRS daemon on nodes 1 and 3 (so the instances on these nodes will be single RACed instances) and also have the CRS daemon running on nodes 2 and 4.

  I know i can do something like init.crs on the nodes i want to stop the CRS daemon (nodes 1 and 3)

  Do I have to shut down all the instances beforehand before i can issue the init.crs stop?

  Will the other instances on nodes 3 and 4 still be under CRS control?

  TIA Zabair Ahmed <roon987_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    10.1.0.3.0 on TRU64 V5.1

  Scenario.

  currently i have a number of RACed databases (3 in total) which are running 10g RAC on a 4-node (say node 1, node2, node3 and node4) TRU64 Cluster.

  what i want to be able to do is take 2 of these databases out of RAC mode (on node 1 and 3 and leave the third database RACed (on nodes 2 and 4)

  Is this possible, if so can someone give me some pointers on how.

  My specific question are, do i have to de-install the RAC software and CRS software on the nodes which are not going to have the RAC databases, but my ORACLE_HOME and CRS_HOME are on a shared filesystem, so i guess this can't be done!

  Am not using ASM.

  TIA

  Yahoo! Model Search - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now