Re: error in creating view on v$

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:03:04 +0000

On 11/16/05, Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_metratech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create view and getting following error:
> SQL> create or replace view stats
> 2 as select 'STAT...' || a.name <http://a.name> name, b.value
> 3 from v$statname a, v$mystat b
> 4 where a.statistic# = b.statistic#
> 5 union all
> 6 select 'LATCH.' || name, gets
> 7 from v$latch;
> from v$statname a, v$mystat b
> *
> ERROR at line 3:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> This user have a dba privileges. Do I need to give any other privileges
> to this user?

 I'm assuming you are wishing to use Tom Kyte's runstats utility (or something derived from it) .
 If so check out the requirements at
http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/runstats.html In particular note the grant os select on
 sys.v_$statnane, sys.v_$mystat and sys.v_$latch that are required.  You don't need to be SYS to do this.