RE: RAC de-clustering

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:49:41 -0500

I see what Kevin is saying but what about; cluster_database=FALSE To keep things simple?

I'm currently running my "RAC" database on our *single* node fail over box (another post in a minute). I never installed the RAC software/option on that failover box, but I could do the same on one of my RAC nodes wiht the RAC option. I do have two "THREADS" of redo, but easily changed.

I'm 9i and must admit that even with cluster_database=FALSE on the RAC nodes I must have the oracm (Oracle Cluster Manager) running before starting (as) a single instance/database.

The point being I don't have to change the oracle software to run as a single instance forever forward, no?

hth

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA