Re: Creating/renaming a clone database

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:13:03 +0100

Just want to confirm Mark's suggestion. We use "nid" in our scripts for restores from our production backups every week several times and works like a charm.
Small note to avoid headache - be sure that user running "nid" from script/command line has rw access to datafiles and controlfiles. Don't remember if it was mentioned already but in order to restore from the same backup more than once at the same time lock_name_space can be used. The same applies to restoring to the same host where original instance is running (though, that's not my slyle).

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev