Re: sql_trace deprecated on 10gr2 what to use instead?

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:59:21 -0400

Curiously metalink note confirms SQL_TRACE is obsolete Note:316889.1.

But in oracle 10gr2 manual Performance tuning guide says
"Step 2: Enabling the SQL Trace Facility Enable the SQL Trace facility for the session by using one of the following:  DBMS_SESSION.SET_SQL_TRACE procedure
 ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = TRUE;
To disable the SQL Trace facility for the session, enter: ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = FALSE;" I'm understading let me see, this is obsolete, but still necessary :)