Re: Oracle Database 10g Express Edition

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:09:15 +0000

On 10/11/05, Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com> wrote:
> what does "supported" mean for something that is free...just
> out of curiosity

I think the word here should possibly be 'certified' rather than supported. I interpreted the question as being more "Which versions of Linux should I expect Oracle 10g XE to run on?"

>From what I've read and what Tom Kyte said at the UKOUG I understand
that 'support' for XE is posts to a users forum, hosted by Oracle, and hope someone will come up with a solution, rather than log a TAR.

I also get the impression that XE is more aimed at people who don't currently run Oracle than it is at those who already do. It's the first taste to get them hooked.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/