Re: Script to create schema?

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:39:59 +0000

On 10/11/05, Cirillo, Joe <joe.cirillo_at_eds.com> wrote:
> Another product I played with that might help you was called DDLWizard.
> You should be able to do a Google on it. It operates on export files
> and allows you to generate HTML or text scripts of the DDL.
>
> I heard about it on one of these discussion groups and it worked nicely
> for what I was doing at the time.
> I think the url was www.ddlwizard.com

That's what I use.

You can output SQL Scripts to recreate the schema or a set of HTML pages which are useful as documentatyion. Very useful when you've just been handed a database with no documentation and people start talking about wanting to write reports but the supplier has long ago gone out of business.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/