Re: ORA-12547 : TNS lost contact

From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:01:10 +0530

I checked for the alert.log also but no error reported there. the problem is errupting when a user is trying to connect to server from the client pc but on the server i am able to connect but that too without using connect string. I was wondering it might be a problem because of the patch as I had told earlier also that before we had been using 9.2.0.1 <http://9.2.0.1>without any such error but when we applied a patch on this and upgraded to
9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> then we started getting the error. Now after wasting a lot time on this issue, we were in a position to resolve this problem but then we had been another error  *ORA-12500 : TNS listener unable to start dedicated server process* now we are planning for the re-installation of oracle using the method :

  1. full database export
  2. created script to create same tablespace with same users and same password