SQL*Loader error: What is wrong here?

From: Madhavi Kanugo <MKanugo_at_ibasis.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:11:24 -0500

Hello All,

I need some help with a SQL*Loader error.

I am trying to execute SQL* Loader from a shell script on a directory of files by passing in the DATA command to the SQLLDR. Below, is my shell script and the control file. I am running this on 10g (Can't use External Tables since our prod is still on 8i).

My shell script, which is very basic:

#!/bin/bash

CTLFILE=ld_inbound2.ctl

CTL_LOG=ld_inbound.log

LOGIN=user/pass_at_dev # Get this from a more secure location

# load each inbound text files.

echo $LOGIN

echo $CTLFILE

echo $CTL_LOG

for f in `ls i*.txt`

do

sqlldr $LOGIN CONTROL=$CTLFILE LOG=$CTL_LOG data=$f

done

exit 0

I understand that if I pass in the DATA command, it will override the INFILE

Control file:

LOAD DATA INFILE * Append

INTO TABLE INBOUND FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," TRAILING NULLCOLS   This script is erring out on:

SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 5.

Expecting "(", found end of file.

What am I doing wrong here?

I kind-of reached a wall out on this, so if someone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong, I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

-madhavi

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 09 2005 - 11:14:02 CST