Re: Install OEM 10g without a database

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:18:16 -0700

It depends on what you mean by 'useless'. I've used the 10g OEM Java client (which has the same L&F as the 9i OEM you have) to manage 10g databases.

I don't understand what you are trying to do, though. The 10g Web-based OEM client is just a browser. The regular OEM software MUST be installed on the same machine as the database and started using "emctl start dbconsole". It's then accessed from any browser using "http://{server}:5500/em". Unless your database and desktop machines are the same, you do not need to install anything else on your desktop.

The dbconsole displayed on the browser is NOT the same as the grid control.

PLEASE keep responses on the list for everyone to see. Private responses (to me) will generally be ignored.

/Hans