Re: Can ASMLib and EMC PowerPath work together?

From: Mike Killough <mwkillough_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:43:01 -0600

Raj,

Metalink Note:309815.1 explains how to setup PowerPath and ASMLib. I haven't done this myself.

For multipathing, mdadm was forced upon us. We were not able to get that to work with ASMLib either, so we also mapped the md devices to rawdevices.

We could mark the disk as an ASM disk using oracleasm createdisk, but the create diskgroup command would fail with:

ORA-15031: disk specification 'ORCL:DISK3' matches no disks

Mike