RE: Business Objects Vs Oracle Reports for batch reports

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:26:06 -0600

No performance issues with BO? Congratulations! I take it you have somewhat normalized schemas? We don't (as designed by our ERP vendor) and the queries generated by BO are horrendous with nested repeating subselects and such. It's no doubt from the universe layout. I wasn't involved in the selection or the setup (why should a DBA be involved with the DB?) so I can't really say if ours is a unique setup or not.

GL!

Rich