Character set marker unknown

From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:27:38 +0530

hi guys,
 today we had got a dump file from the client for importing two tables in the database containing somwhere more than 1 million records in each. When i invoked imp utility on the database , i am getting the error :  *IMP-00037 : Character set marker unknown*  os & db info:
 Windows 2000 Adv. Server
Db : Oracle 9i rel 2 (9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> target 9.2.0.4<http://9.2.0.4>source)
Character set : Export done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set -- source
 server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set -- target   I tried on metalink and they say might be dump file corrupted but client says they can import from the same dump file without error.  Any Idea??????????????

--

Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath

--