RE: Circular FK's

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:26:05 +0100

in the absence of multiple assignments, use a deffered constraint as a workaround :-)

kind regards,

Lex.

Jonathan Lewis Seminar http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html

From: Lex de Haan [mailto:lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl] Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 10:03 AM To: Post, Ethan; 'Oracle-L Freelists'

Hi Ethan,

sure, this is quite common.

I have such a construct in the demo tables of my SQL book: each employee works for a certain existing department, and each department has an existing employee as its manager.