Re: SQL+ Client Connection Issue - ORA-07200: slsid: oracle_sid not set

From: NEW pop.tiscali.de <adolph.tony_at_tiscali.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:04:16 +0100

Hi Sarah,

I had a similar problem to this before, connecting from 8.1.7. to 9i (on Solaris). It was to do with a mismatch in the character sets, one being UTF8. *But* I cannot remember all of the details.... I have searched metalink and some oracle-l achives and cannot find my old posts :-(

If you have access to Metalink, then take a look at Doc ID: Note:237593.1 it is related and hopefully, may help you out.

Tony