Re: Is this Needed? Dragging OT

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:10:46 -0400

Hi Jhon, the idea is to control bad advicing, especially if you have published it on the internet.

I don't think about registering references is a good idea, beacuse this is too relative.

For example 8 years ago I was the worst dba in the world, I didn't knew about statistics, now 8 after, I have a knowledge which is better than several dbas working as part developer-dba jobs (standar edition).

Now you could control bad pratices, including evaluations, for example you could say: "Are you contracting dbas? check this list to evaluate if your dba's works is good"

The idea is that in this moment the center of quality of knowledge is Tom Kyte site (even more than metalink) , you go there and he says if this good or not, I had seen he is the law when there are problems of concept. Now why not to open a mundial organization of dba, to regiter bad practices and common advices.