Re: normalization

From: Ryan <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:16:41 -0500

Steve,

Do you know a way to take the data you presented and do a test to show how much additional CPU usage this will require under specific conditions?

if the trigger is fired 'X' number of times in a certain period, how much increased CPU will I need?
How much will this reduce response time and/or scalability?

If I was to present this to a manager, I would typically need to show something more tangible. Just because certain data elements that I gather from the data dictionary increase, does not mean it will cause a problem for us. So I would need to show realistic estimates.

any ideas on how to do this type of test? ----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Adams" <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au> To: <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Cc: "'Oracle-L Freelists'" <Oracle-L_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:38 PM Subject: RE: normalization