Re: Cold Backup Script

From: Thomas Fox <belvdr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:50:19 -0800 (PST)

Well, I cannot send you an entire script, but if you go into SQL*Plus, you can use:

sqlplus -S '/ as sysdba' <<-ENDSQL
spool files2backup.txt
select name from v\$datafile;
select name from v\$controlfile;
select member from v\$logfile;
select name from v\$tempfile;
spool off
exit
ENDSQL to get the files. Then use a while loop to copy each file to a particular location:

cat files2backup.txt | while read line ; do   cp $line /var/opt/backup
done

Tom

Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com