Multiple Instance issue

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:43:30 -0500

I am running multiple instances on test machine, Windows, 9ir2.  Both have SGA of 100m and machine memory is 512 mb.  I am getting the following error.

C:\DOCUME~1\CMAJMU~1>set ORACLE_SID=chirep

C:\DOCUME~1\CMAJMU~1>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Nov 1 10:39:26 2005

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL> conn / as sysdba
Connected to an idle instance.

But the same instance is up and running in another windows, but in any new window I am opening, this particular is instance is showing as

Connected to Idle Instance.

Can anyone tell me what could have gone wrong here? It was working fine and I have not done any other installation in recent past.

Nothing is showing in Alert log files too, as the same instance is running in other window.

 regards - Chirag