Re: Is this Needed? Dragging OT

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:12:26 -0400

Stephen, to post abaoud a contracto who did a bad job is very relative. Maybe this is or maybe is his fault.
The goal is not go kill people, else to kill bad practices.

To set, for example

1)
The use of a hidden paramter ir risky, and this wouldn't had used without oracle advisor, a correct set of test or a g ood reason to do it.
2)
The use of RAID 5, i in this situations...., if not this is bad.

I repeat, the idea is to set bad practices.

Now if one contractor start to advice (he can use or not, this is something you can't do nothing about it), and he can't demonstrate what he says. Then you could put a page saying:

"This person is giving bad advice, because he says this ... and this reasons are to not use this ....; and he didn't demostrated what he says is true. So beware of him."

And If someday I have some doubt about the practices of something I know there is an official site on internet where I can ask something. For example if my boss would be a dba, and would tellme I always have to get index, I can go to this organization, and tell him, "The mundial dba organizations, says you are wrong, why don't you talk with them."

That is the idea, or not?