RE: FW:NFS issues

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 07:33:53 +0800

So the problems that Brian and Dick are reporting are when  using NFS over SAN ?
{both say that they "used to use NetApp" and now use "SAN"} ?

I run 9iRAC (Linux) on NetApp with , obviously, the archivelogs also on the same NetApp filer
and haven't had issues.

Hemant

At 03:06 AM Tuesday, Spears, Brian wrote:
ah ha!!  sounds very familiar...

Actually, we did the same thing..used to use Netapp and now we use SAN. We have used a couple of SANs now ...

OOPS, my feeble memory is jogged,  I actually just had a similar problem you are having... eek, just  a couple weeks ago.

Ok.. the admin and I scratched heads for 2.5hrs and then it started working again.... thought it actually was RMAN writing the backup to there (and the Rman archivelog backup).

We never got to the bottom of it.  We were thinking of putting sniffer on the network to check for bottlenecks but the problem has not shown up since.

Brian