Re: RMAN OS requirements

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:29:29 -0800 (PST)

the OSs isnt an issue even in 9i.
we are backing AIX and sun with our catalog is on a sun server. ithink the only requirement is the catalog database version must be the version of the highest database you are backing up Fred Smith <fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com> wrote: Hello,
I have an RMAN catalog database on SunOS 5.8 backing up 3 target databases on SunOS 5.8. I have 2 other production databases in HP-UX ... is it possible to backup the HP-UX databases via the same catalog database??

All database versions: 9.2.0.3

If not possible, is it possible in 10g?

Thank you!

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/