Fw: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

From: NEW pop.tiscali.de <adolph.tony_at_tiscali.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:35:41 +0100

Second to my last email John,

I've just reproduced your error (by mistake):

D:\temp>java ConnTest
Starting..
Making a connection to the database:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.100:1521:DB1 as  tony...
SQL exception message = Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

When I looked in my properties file I found the wrong port number: jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.100:1521:DB1

Corrected it and....

D:\temp>java ConnTest
Starting..
Making a connection to the database:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.100:1524:DB1 as  tony...done
Executing statement "select to_char(sysdate,'hh24:mi.ss dd-Mon-yyyy') from dual"
SYSDATE: 16:32.33 29-Oct-2005
Conn time : 0mins 1secs
Connection time: 1312ms - Statement execution time: 100ms

HTH
Cheers
Tony