RE: Sybase tool to compress Oracle (5 GB => 1)

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:07:28 -0500

Applying "Method R" (been using that a lot today), the real question is "Why?" To fit the DB on an SD card for a PDA? Hmmmm...that gives me an idea...

I wonder what their compression would do to an ACID test. I suppose it would depend on where the compression was happening, whether it's via PL/SQL or an external tool/hack or whatever.

Just thinking aloud...

Rich