Re: SUSE or Red Hat

From: Magnus Andersen <mag.andersen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:55:03 -0400

Any of the supported platforms should work fine. Personally I prefer RHEL. I'm running 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> on RHEL 3 As Update 5. Runs great, but I had to use hugetlb (documentation on this is somewhat misleading. Don't have to use the use_indirect_buffer parameter) and AIO to get good performance.

--

Magnus Andersen
Systems Administrator / Oracle DBA

--