Re: Is this Needed?

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:09:56 +0800

Slightly similarly, we had a case where rebuilding the snapshot log helped.

A week ago we had noticed that MV refresh's were taking longer and were occassionally failing
on ORA-1555s.  We then redefined the MV to extract a smaller subset of data .  We knew
that this was supposed to be faster.  Yet, it wasn't any faster and the load that the refresh
was causing was still high.  We realised that the snapshot logs on the base tables had
grown inordinately large {as a result of the ORA-1555s in the refresh's}.  We dropped
and recreated the snapshot logs. Thereafter, MV refresh's were also much faster.

Hemant

At 12:33 AM Thursday, rjamya wrote:
Just for AQ this script on metalin is also good.

Raj

On 10/26/05, Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@roughsea.com> wrote:
There is something else that may benefit, namely tables that are used
for queues and that had their high-water mark bumped much too high at a
given moment. But copying their contents elsewhere, truncating and
re-inserting the rows definitely don't require reorganizing the full
database ... I agree with the general feeling: waste of time. Great
opportunity to say "told you so".

Stephane Faroult

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital